[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Pregnant sow

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 13:07:20 EST 2007

Hi Joy.  Congratulations on your new fur baby.  I would recommend you get little Fanny Crosby back to the vet as soon as you can and have her checked out for pregnancy.  If she is she will need additional vitamin c (not in her water!) and calcium.  Alfalfa pellets at this stage are good for her 'till she delivers.

  I hope one of the meds your vet gave you is ivermectin as this will not hurt her or any babies she may be carrying but will get rid of her mites.  You didn't say wht else is wrong with her but definitely get her back to her vet.

  Hope this helps.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug

Joy Wong <littlemutt22 at hotmail.com> wrote:
The GPDD moderators frequently reject messages that do not follow
these guidelines:
A lack of a Topic label is the most common reason for message rejection. Please use a Topic Label (HEALTH, CARE, ANNOUNCEMENT, BEHAVIOR, RESCUE, BREEDING, SILLY, PIGLETS, MISC. or VIRTUAL) and descriptive subject. More information on Topic use, post restrictions and permissions can be found at http://www.gpdd.org/topics.html

Postings to the digest must conform to the rules stated at
http://www.gpdd.org/guidelines.html

Please consult the GPDD FAQ at http://www.gpdd.org/faq.html for
a list of commonly asked questions.
All material posted is copyright The Guinea Pigs' Daily Digest, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any media - printed or electronic - without written permission of the administrators.
Hi all,

Some good news to share with all of you. I recently adopted a piggie. My
sunday school teacher's nephew who is 5 gave it up because his parents felt
that he was too young. Fanny "Crosby" as she is named by my father came to
us on the 30th of last month. We rushed her to the vet upon arrival as she
didn't look very good. She has some skin fungal infection, suspected ear
mites as well. We have meds from the vet. However, I have noticed that the
lower end of her body is rather heavy and fat and she has difficulty
standing. Does anyone know the signs that your guinea pig is pregnant? I do
know she used to live with another piggie, but I am not sure if the other
piggie was a male. Fanny is quite young too, about less than a year old
judging by her size. The vet didn't say anything though, so I'm not too
sure. However, I didn't suspect anything until recently.

piggie help needed once again.

joylania

'The Lord is my shepherd' Psalm 23 *baaaa*