[Gpdd] HEALTH: Piggy with Constipation. Lily.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Jan 7 10:00:32 EST 2007

A constipated piggy is rare enough not to merit much in any of my reference
books and I have never come across this condition but if I did I would try
giving dandelions and groundsel as these are laxative plants. I don't know
if these grow where you live. Another plant to try is goose grass (also
called cleavers or stickyweed in England ).

One book suggests giving a teaspooon of olive oil once a day and letting the
piggy run free or put her in a large run for several hours a day. I don't
how practical this would be for you!

I expect that your vet has given Lily something like Metachlopramide for
motility and hopefully this will do the trick.

My only other comment is maybe Lily is ingesting some of her pellets when
you are not looking and that there are more of them than you have been able
to count. ( Yes, I have done inventories like this, too!! )

At least Lily is still interested in eating her hay and veggies.

Keep watching!!

Good luck,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.