[Gpdd] [health]fighting boars and wounds

Rachel H rmhenise at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 10:35:05 EST 2007

Hi!

  I recently aquired two male piggies which don't like each other.  I have two girls and two other boys.  I've tried to see if the two new boys get along with my other boys but they dont.  Right now i have them in the same 4x2 C&C cage with a separator inside.  One morning i woke up to find one guinea pig on the side he's not supposed to be on and the other guinea pig outside of the cage stuck in the corner.  When cleaning his cage i saw a huge chunk of hair and i looked at him and although he had previous sores from fighting i saw a new nastier sore.  Is there something i can apply on his soars to make it heal faster?

  I reconfigured the cage so that they can no longer climb over the sides and reach each other.  I just figured since guinea pigs are social creatures that they would prefer not to be alone even if they are with a pig they dont like....but i could be wrong! The meaner piggie is pretty crazy haha But do you think its better to have two guinea pigs that dont like each other in two totally separate cages so they don't have to look at each other?  I dont want the dominant pig to scare the other one by his presence.

  Thanks so much for your help!
  Rachel
  Wish, Solar, Samson, Soloman, Brownie, and nameless =(