[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Bumblefoot (rather than Gumblefoot)

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Wed Jan 10 11:35:35 EST 2007

Dear Debbie

Sorry to hear that little Rascal has a problem with Bumblefoot.  What I
have done when any of my piggies has foot trouble is to use bubble wrap.
It's important to make sure they can't eat any of it.  The way I use it is
to put the bubblewrap bubble-side down (so pee doesn't collect between the
bubbles) in the accommodation, then put some absorbent kitchen paper on
top, then newspaper on top of that, and finally normal bedding, hay, etc.
This has the effect of softening the area where piggies walk and gives the
feet a chance to recover.  Sometimes antibiotics work, sometimes they
don't, but I remember trying out the bubblewrap for the first time and it
made such a difference!  It was one of those ideas that comes to you in
the bath...

Kay