[Gpdd] Health: Checking on Brownie Bear's bladder stones

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Fri Jan 12 10:34:33 EST 2007

Hello Slaves,
Sorry I've been a stranger lately. I've been
really busy at work cuz we're getting ready
to start testing (software) and I've been
working on my test plan. So, anyways, as
usual, I'm behind on the Digest. But, I skim
the Archives daily, so that I'm not completely
out of the loop.

I am taking Miss Sassy Brownie Bear to the
Vet on Monday to see where those bladder
stones are and to see if she has passed
any of them. I am very nervous about this
because it's decision time. I have to decide
if we are going to risk another surgery if
those stones are still there (Sigh). She is
5 years/2 months old now, and I am scared
to death of putting her through that again. But,
she's not sickly, and she's eating/drinking
normally, and she's gained some weight
back too. She's weighing in at 2 lbs 4 3/4 oz
(2.3 lbs) and she feels pump and juicy, like
a pig should! So, I'm pretty sure she's a
good candidate for surgery.

Last night and the night before (Wednes &
Thurs), BB made the most horrifying scream
when she urinated. I dropped everything
and immediately started BBPH, so I syringed
her tons of water (at least 2 ounces), gave
her Shilintong, Lasix, and Metacam. Both
nights, she screamed a couple of times
when she pee'd, but then after she got some
extra water in here, the screams stopped.
In the past, when she screamed like that,
she was actually passing a stone, so
although it scared the "beep" out of me, I
am hoping and praying that she passed a
stone (or two). There was dried bladder
sludge on her towel this morning, so I am
hopeful.

Well, I better get back to work (Boo hoo!).
But, before I sign off, I'd like to send some
Healing Wheeeeks to those Piggies and
Slaves who aren't feeling their Best. And
also Warm Condolences to those who have
recently lost a Friend.

Have a Good Wheeeeeeeekend!

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,