[Gpdd] Health-age for neutering?

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 13 19:04:04 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!

My sister's young rescue pig is pregnant and very soon to deliver, as we can feel the pubic bones have separated.  It feels like 2 or 3 babies, and we're going to keep them between our 2 families no matter what sex.  Obviously if they're boys we'll have them neutered.  What is the earliest age that you can neuter a male?  I checked guinea lynx and couple of other sites, but none of them mention age.

Anyway, we're super duper excited.  My sister and I stayed up with the piggy, Giselle,  from about 11:00 last night when we felt the widened bones, until 5:00 this morning.  I read it's usually 24-48 hours after the bones part for delivery, and that it's usually at night.   I really hope we get to see the birth.  I also can't wait to see what the precious little babies look like!

I'm so happy I started receiving my gpdd again!  Thanks Glynis for forwarding it to me for all that time!!!  I hope you and your family had a great holiday.

Lisa Stanley & the San Diego Herd: Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevyeve, Bronwyn, Delaney, Camdyn & Riley