[Gpdd] [Health] Brownie Boy..

Britt and Brownie Hageman Crazy4Cavy at buckeye-express.com
Sat Jan 13 22:57:00 EST 2007

I knew something wasn't right... and its not..

I called my vet back.. they said their hands were tied b/c the didn't have
an on site lab.. itd be extra time to send and get the results.. he gave me
a number of another vet and we luckily got an appt.. she started with an
xray.. and besides a bit of arthritis.. was clear.. she did bloodwork then..
came out and said that the good news is we found out what was wrong.. the
bad news is that it was kidney failure :(  She had fresh Critical Care
available.. so I have that, going to continue the vit c and gave me
AlternaGel to help flush out his kidneys.. and of course give him water by
syringe.. we'll see how he is in a day or two.. but it's not looking good..
he has trouble getting his balance and can't get back up from a laying
position.. He and I had a long talk and I told him that Momma would be okay
if he made the choice to go "home.." If he doesn't improve within the next
week, we might think of helping him.. I just don't want to make him suffer
if nothing can be done to make him better,  ya know?  I love him so much
that I'd rather give him the gift of peace in Heaven then misery in his
cage.. Just wanted to write and let you know how the tides have turned.. and
not in a good way..

I'd like to give another HUGE thank you to Tex and Judi.. Tex.. I hope you
had that glass of wine for B-Man here.. Judi, thanks for letting me call
you.. hearing another piggie lover's voice helped me through one of the
worst vet visits of my life..

Piggie Hugs and Kisses,
Britt & Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"

Remembering at the Rainbow Bridge:
Oreo (4/26/00 - 9/15/02), Jo-Jo (1/24/99 - 5/17/00) and Rumble (1/24/99 -
12/31/00)..
My "Angel Piggies"

"A friend is someone who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in
yourself."