[Gpdd] HEALTH Neutering. Giselle's babies.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Jan 14 11:06:34 EST 2007

Welcome back to the gpdd Lisa.

I hope that all goes well with Giselle's delivery. Watching baby piggies come into the world is absolutely magical and I do hope that you manage to see it happen.

There is a wonderul website about boars called www.barmy4boars.co.uk which gives lots of reasons why it is better not to have boars neutered and info on what to do if you decide to go for this option.They give an upper age limit for neutering, if it must be done, but suggest that your ask your vet for his opinion on a lower age. I do hope that Giselle has a litter of sows and then you will not have to face the decision to have any boars neutered.

I have never had any of my boars neutered as I consider that any operation is too risky. Two litter brothers will always get on and can be removed from mum and sisters and housed together as soon as they are weaned ( about 3 weeks ). I have pairs of boars living right next door to pens full of sows without any problem.

Paws crossed for a litter of baby girls.

Good luck to Giselle,

Do let us know what happens.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.