[Gpdd] [CARE] Boar pairs next to sows

DEE CLARK joedee1986 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 15 15:53:19 EST 2007

Hi,

Joe and I have pigsat for boar pairs, who are used to living with each
other, in the same room with our sows.  Never had a problem.  They were
about 5 feet away from the girl cage and didn't pay any attention to them.
We often have a bachelor boar in the cage with sows seperated by a wire
fence just as Pumpkin is now.  That has always worked out fine.  The boar
usually rumblestruts to the girls and they sniff and chatter between the
bars.  They have floor time together as all the boars we have had have been
a little "slow".  One nip from the girls and they keep their distance.

My Pumpkin is very sorry to hear his fellow pumpkin pig is not well.  Follow
your heart and it will be okay.  All of us have been through it and will
support you.  My Pumpkin is adopted so I can only guess at his age.  We know
he is about 5, and I have noticed he has slimmed down lately.  He is getting
extra cuddles, he is such a sweet piggie.

Dee and the Patriot Piggs (Yeay, the Patriots won.  On to the Superbowl!)