[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE. Condolences for George.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Jan 16 08:18:37 EST 2007

Dear Kay,

I am so sorry that George has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. I remember when you told us about giving him and his friends a new home. It is always bitter-sweet rehoming an elderly piggy as, much as you want to help them, you know that they are not going to be with you for very long.

A few years ago I was asked by my vet if I could take in two piggies from one of their clients, who was ill and could no longer take care of them. There was a 6 year old neutered boar and his companion, a younger sow. Squeak was a sweet-natured, kind old gentleman piggy and I was glad that I could give him lots of love during his last few months but it was heart-breaking knowing that I was going to lose him so soon. I wish that I had known him for all of his life but it was a comfort knowing that he had been much loved at his previous home. Bubble, his companion, was very distressed when he passed away as she had been with him since she was a piglet but I was able to put her with a friendly group of sows and another neutered boar and she soon settled in with them.

I hope that Beatrix will be OK. At least you have lots of other piggies to be her friends.

Sincere condolences on the loss of darling George,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.