[Gpdd] Health: Water choices

hk fox gandhfox1 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 16 20:03:56 EST 2007

Again I want to thank everyone for their kind words for my Princess Jellybean who crossed the Bridge on New Year's Day.  She was my beloved girl and I miss her terribly.  Unfortunately, a week later I also lost my little Brownie Pig.  Brownie was a wonderful pig who chirped, danced in his cuddle-cup, and came to me like a puppy whenever I came near.  The last time he was at the vet, when she let him loose he ran right to me and up my shirt.  She said that she'd never seen a piggy do that!  Brownie, I miss you hugely!

My question is what kind of water should piggies have?  Both of these died from stones and both drank tons of water.  I have never had a piggy with stones in all the years I have had them, but few drank water like these did.  They could both empty a full bottle a day and ask for more.  My sister says that she gives her cats only bottled water, and distilled at that.  I also read on GuineaLynx that we should avoid distilled water, but not why.  I have switched my 2 remaining boys to bottled water and they have vet appointments for xrays next week and plan to ask her re: water.

I am just wondering what you think about tap vs bottled water and what do you serve your guys?  I keep thinking that maybe there is a connection between the stones and the tap water minerals, etc.  I am anxious to hear what you all think about this issue.

Many thanks,
Giki  and the Florida Boys
Remembering all my babies at the Bridge.