[Gpdd] MISC Chirping piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Jan 17 14:26:35 EST 2007

I so enjoyed listening to Choco's chirping and I love the pigtures of her and the rest of her family. I played the chirp over and over to my herd but they don't take any notice.

I have a theory about this. Up until very recently I have always had a canary or two, which lived in the same area as the Piggyfriends, so they are used to hearing canary song. My cockatiel, who will copy any noise he hears ( phone, doorbell, vacuum cleaner, the chime when I switch on my computer etc. ) can also sing like a canary. I assume that the piggies just think that a canary is singing and don't realise that it is, in fact, a piggy.

Merle, I would really like to read that article about mice singing but I got an error message "Invalid Request" when I clicked on the link. I often have fancy mice, which my local pet shelter pass on to me, but I have never heard them sing. It would be very interesting to know more about this.