[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Introduction - new member & new piggy

Sene Jemma (Exeter PCT) jemma.sene at Exeter-PCT.nhs.uk
Fri Jan 19 04:25:40 EST 2007

Hi Lori & George

Just a little email to say welcome to the GPDD - I am looking forward to
hearing your wonderful little stories about George.

All the best

Jem, Crockett, George & Fletcher

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Muddy Rats [mailto:muddy.rats at gmail.com]
Sent:	18 January 2007 01:14
To:	gpdd at gpdd.org
Subject:	[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Introduction - new member & new piggy

Hi, my name is Lori, and I'm a new cavy slave.  I live in Colorado, USA
with my almost 9 YO daughter and our new piggy, George.  He's a solid
black, male, American.  Mind you, my daughter wanted a solid white
female!  I wanted a rescue or to adopt from a shelter... but my daughter
couldn't wait and picked out her piggy (her birthday present) in a large
chain pet store (*yuck*).

George is slowly adjusting after only a week to his new life.  Feeding
him does not seem to be a problem.  He will try anything to see if he
likes it.  He's eating his pellets, his veggies, a tiny bit of some
fruit high in vitamin C, and lots of hay.  He's coming out of his igloo
to play.  He wheeks in the morning for his fresh veggies.  He will taste
food if we hold it for him.  We can sometimes pet him through his cage
with our finger, but never through the door with our hand.  I'm letting
him adjust before I take him to out to be social in his large play pen.
My poor daughter is going bonkers trying to find the patience to wait
and cuddle her George.