[Gpdd] Care: Endive is Okay for our Stone Piggies

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Fri Jan 19 12:54:57 EST 2007

Hey Merle,
Oh, I hope I didn't create a scare for my
fellow stone piggie Slaves. On Monday,
I went over the veggie charts over and over
again. And you are absolutely Right, the
calcium, calcium:phosphorus ratio, and
oxalate levels in endive are very favorable
for our pigs. I've just been going out of my
mind trying to figure out why my Brownie
Bear is getting so many stones lately. I
had to put the endive back into their diet
yesterday (Thurs) because those pigs
were boycotting the red/green leaf lettuce.
(Some Nerve! ha ha) So, the endive is
back and I promised the pigs that I would
try not to be so Paranoid.

I talked to Dana (in Tampa) yesterday & she
eased my mind about the endive. So, after
getting Dana's input, I now have a new theory
as to why BB got so many stones. And this
would make more sense. It could just be
that BB's body/metabolism is changing
and that with her (older) age, her body is
simply producing stones faster than before.
But, also there was a period of a few weeks
back in Oct/Nov where I wasn't giving BB Shilintong
every day and I was doing BBPH every other day,
instead of every day. That was when we
were transitioning to our new home and times
were busy. But, I know that that is no excuse.
So, I will do whatever I need to--to make things
Right.

So, tell your Darlin' Lucky Boy that endive
is OK, so Eat Up little fella!

      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
Brownie Bear, Butterscotch, and meeee :-)