[Gpdd] Health: Orange Urine

Dukejan1 at aol.com Dukejan1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 17:18:25 EST 2007

Fellow slaves,

Tomorrow I'm taking Isabel to the vet to see why she's peeing  orange urine.
(This isn't like the urine that  dries brown-colored, but actually is
orange!)  I don't see any  sign of blood (pink, red) and she doesn't seem to be in
distress when she  urinates.  This has been going on for a couple of days.  At
first, I  thought it was because she suddenly started to treat her dark
brown-colored  CareFresh as a gourmet delight, over and above timothy hay and Cavy
Cuisine.  I've put her back on aspen bedding yesterday, but as of this
afternoon, we're still seeing orange.

Admittedly, Shauna's description of taking a urine sample from Miss Zeussy
makes me uncomfortable.  But I have no idea how I would go about  collecting a
sample in a bottle before the appointment---is that even possible  for a
gp????   At any rate, I'm taking a white towel that Isabel  wet to show the vet the
orangey color.

Any ideas as to what this could be????

Janet