[Gpdd] [MISC] regarding George

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 14:41:00 EST 2007

Lori,
  I understand why you would want to take George back, but believe it or not he will adjust. It just takes a little longer for some......I got Comet, Alf and Chip from the pet store (at different times) and don't regret it one bit (I bought Alf and Chip together and when they got home, it didn't work out, so they are seperated now)....because I know they are getting the best care from me, more than they would ever get in a pet store. I feel like I "rescued" them from a very sterile, unloving situation.

  My Boys don't get along in the same pen, but I have them all attached so that they are able to talk to each other and have the company. That is something you could do. Keep George, get a rescue piggy and see how it goes. There is a site out there about putting boars together, someone with a lot my knowledge than myself can help you with that.

  You are also teaching your daughter patience. (I teach students with behavior problems and patience is one thing we work on continually in the classroom). Have her sit next to the cage with a piece of lettuce or treat. Start by holding it near the opening of George's hideout. Let him take it and go back in. Each day slowly move the food a little farther out. He will come and get it. Especially if he is hungry.....It may take a while.....

  And yes there are piggies out there that just don't like to cuddle and be held as much. But you find out that everyone in the gpdd, love and cherish every last furbaby and accept them just they way they are. I thought my Chip would never like to be held, but after 4-5 months all of a sudden, he is the one that likes to cuddle around my neck while watching TV. Comet has his place on my shoulder and well, Alf isn't one to be held much, but we still do it.....

  If I could, I would take George.....but I hope you make the decision to keep him and  add a rescue piggy to your family......Life isn't perfect when it comes to our babies, but like I said, we love every last one of them...........(I hope I didn't affend you, because that wasn't my purpose...)

  I hope all works out.....
  Gwen and The Boys from Las Vegas
  Comet, Alf, Chip (gp's)
  Mickie and Minnie (the female mice)
  Tomy my adorable, mini poodle who has terrorized the home...