[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOUR] Thanks for keeping George!

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 05:22:06 EST 2007

Hi Lori

Just wanted to add our 2 cents worth! Thank you so much for hanging on to
George! We have all kinds of different personalities amongst the Dolly Mixtures;
 Gisele and Caramel have always been skittish, they are last to be caught to
be  weighed, and hide more than the others. Zebra is the boldest of all, and
stands  still to be stroked or picked up . Soulage is the feisty one, very
vociferous,  although we think she is deaf, and with very strong opinions as to
what she  will and will not tolerate, which are powerfully communicated - she is
the only  one ever to have bitten mummy slave, and it was purely and simply
out of temper!  And of course, she is the one mummy slave loves most, and she
knows that  perfectly well!! We celebrate their differences, and it is a
challenge to learn  to relate to each in the way with which he or she is most
comfortable. Caramel  is the one who used to lift a china dish onto the roof of
their house to have  the dry food all to herself. Gisele is the one who drags food
into her house to  eat it, and likes to hide in the houses of other pigs. We
are all noted for some  behaviour or personality trait or other, just like
humans. Mummy slave would  never reject us just for the way we are.

Hopefully George, because he is an only pig and will therefore get a lot
more human attention than the Dolly Mixtures, will become more communicative and
appreciative of human interaction as time goes by. If he were here, he would
have a young male companion from a rescue, either in his cage or living in a
separate cage close enough to touch noses.

We are sure you will eventually get a lot of pleasure from one another, and
wish you well!

Debbie and the 13 Dolly Mixtures