[Gpdd] [SILLY] Piggy Engineers

Heather Eickmeyer eickmeha at mail.saturnfans.com
Mon Jan 22 01:05:04 EST 2007

Susi,

I loved reading about R.J. and Pumpkin pulling their food dishes into their houses.  My piggies do that too! :-)  When we first adopted Hamlet from MGPR, we noticed that he would use his teeth to pull his food dish, filled with pellets, into his hidey house.  I had never seen a pig do that before.  Well, a few months later, I noticed that Seussy started licking the edges of his dish.  I thought that he just liked the cold sensation of the ceramic on his tongue.  Nope, I thought wrong.  He was learning how to pull his dish like Hamlet.  Now, they're both piggy engineers.  It's amazing where their dishes end up.  I've seen them pull it from one side of their play area to the other.  :-)   The most recent Hamlet lesson - Seussy has learned how to sleep with his eyes closed, not open, just like Hamlet.  Don't worry, Seussy is a teacher too.  He taught Hamlet how to chatter when he doesn't get his food fast enough.  he! he!

Heather, Seussy and Hamlet