[Gpdd] HEALTH - shy pigs and LAPS

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 14:31:48 EST 2007

I got Oreo from the Maryland rescue and she was a very frightened little thing.  And a bad biter.  I was afraid to handle her.  What I did was get two of those pet play pen things and put them together to form one large one.  Then I would put her in and get in myself and just sit there very still and let her walk around me, smell me and just get used to me.  It took a while, but now she is such a sweetie.  She loves piggy kisses and purrs like a cat when I brush her.  To the person who asked about what I feed her and Pork Chop, they get a handful and a half of pellets each, about 2 or 3 lettuce leaves, Pork Chop likes carrotts, but Oreo won't eat hers.  Sometimes a grape.  And sometimes some tomato.  They both get about the same food, but Oreo is just a big girl.  Pork Chop is very petite.  Oreo is very long and she has long hair.  Pork Chop is short haired and has a rough coat.  Pork Chop was the first pig and she is a brat.  She is extremely vocal.  Every time I walk past
 the cage, she wheeks for something and usually get it.  Oreo was completely silent for months.  Then, all of a sudden she started to coo and sort of make little sounds.  But she never wheeks for food.  She will come to the bars and stand up and almost beg, but quietly.  She never pop corns but I know she is happy because she purrs and is very relaxed around me.  I'm sure after a while George will come to know and trust you and you will be glad you kept him.
  Grace, Oreo and Pork Chop