[Gpdd] Health:From a UTI to Diarrhoea

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:36:49 EST 2007

Well I feel like just about the worst piggie slave ever right now. Miss
Zeussy was just starting to feel better and she came down with diarrhoea
last night. I called the vet first thing this morning and she has already
had her first dose of Bene-Bac. I hope that helps her tummy feel better. I
feel so horrible about all this happening to her. She also got some pedalyte
and critical care because she had hardly touched her pellets and water last
night and this morning. She is still eating hay and was wheeking for veggies
this morning, which I couldn't give her. She isn't hunched up in the corner
or lethargic so the vet just wants us to drop off a stool sample to see what
might be causing this. She is still on Baytril for her UTI. She started that
last Wednesday so I am thinking that is not what caused this. I really wish
I could be at home with her right now instead of at work. The worst part
about all this is that she can't have any vegetables for a week. She is
going to be so upset about that. We are going to have to sneak Quentin in
the other room to give him his veggies. The guilt just keeps piling
on. Sorry for ranting, but I needed to get this all out to people who can
understand what I am going through.

Shauna, Guilty Piggie Parent to Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge