[Gpdd] HEALTH-ivermectin

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Mon Jan 22 18:37:08 EST 2007

    I've recently been reading the postings about using Ivomec for mite control and wonder if anyone could help me with some info. Will using Ivomec cure mites if given in the proper dose at home or do you still have to go to the vet for the shots or oral medicine? I wasn't sure from reading the postings if it was preventative or a cure or both. Bud picked up mites somewhere when we moved to AZ and my new vet here gave oral medicine instead of the shots I've been familiar with. If it is preventative only, how often should a dose be given? For preventative purposes do you give just one dose or space out doses the way you do when you're curing the problem?
    Bud weighs about 2 lb. 13 oz. so what is the appropriate dose? I have the Ivomec and all the tiny syringes. I remember a couple years ago someone posted the dosage but I didn't need it then. Now, while Bud is ok, I'd like to know if I can handle the problem at home. If you give them at home is it still 3 treatments about 10 days apart? Thanks for the help.

Carla and Arizona Bud