[Gpdd] [MISC]<guinea pig breeds>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 10:58:28 EST 2007

Hi!
I found an interesting site which contains a lot of information about
breeds. I never knew those aussies were so advanced ;-)
http://www.geocities.com/malibu_pigshed/Pigshed.html
You have to keep on clicking on cavyshed a bit but it's very interesting
with many pigtures.
Quick note, a baldwin is not the same as a skinny, al balwin is totally bald
a skinny isn't.from the top of my head, the only ones i miss, are the
lunkarya (I cannot find an english site. for pigtures see
http://groups.msn.com/PluustersCavias/lunkaryazeugenuitzweden.msnw this
breeder also has skinnies (click on skinnyzeugen or skinnyberen on the left.
lunkaryas look a bit like texel piggies, but the fur of texels is softer)
and the cuy guinea pig (http://home.wanadoo.nl/mheydenreich/Cuyes.htm i keep
stumbling on photos of cuy's used ehm.. otherwise. so i stopped and just
pasted this link, although it is not in english, at least it does not
contain pigtures of people eating pigs.)
Grtz
Janneke