[Gpdd] Health: Update of Nicki (Kathy Henry)

JAYHAWKME at aol.com JAYHAWKME at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 13:20:49 EST 2007

Thanks to all who offered me advice on Nicki's hair loss.  I  took her to her
vets yesterday.  Much to my dismay, she had an abscess  that I had missed (in
the same spot as one she had 3 years ago).  The  abscess was lanced and she
is being treated with an antibiotic and the wound  cleaned twice a day with
tincture of calendula.  The vet thought the hair  loss could be the result of the
abscess.  They took a skin scraping,  couldn't see any mites.  The vet still
wanted me to do a 2-week treatment  of lime sulfer dip.

Sherry, your portrait of Sweetheart was just fantastic.  How I wish I  could
do portraits of my piggies like that!

Kathy and the herd of 4 -- Nicki, Simone, Gretchen and  Surprise.