[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE-Giselle's babies!

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 23 14:52:58 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

In early December my sister, Kathy, rescued a baby female pig (someone had dumped 13 white Himalayans and 2 dark mixed color pigs) at Petco.  She named her Giselle.  This is her and her 2 kid's first piggy.  At the time we knew she was pregnant and eagerly awaited the birth of her pups, knowing that they'd definitely have a permanent home in our family.  When we felt that her bones had separated we sat up 3 nights in a row for about 5 hours each, waiting for the birth. By the 3rd night, Sunday, we were beginning to worry.  Then on Monday the 15th while my sister was bathing her daughter and I was at home, she had them in about a 20-30 minute span!  Though we're sorry we missed the actual birth, we saw them right afterward and that was really cool.  What tiny precious babies!!  As young as Giselle is, she is an excellent mom.  I'm also really proud of 14 year old nephew, Joey, who has become an excellent slave to his little piggy family.  They signed up for gpdd the other day.  I know they'll love it as much as I do.

If anyone wants to see their photos:  http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/guineagirl_2006/

Lisa Stanley & the San Diego Herd: Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevyeve, Bronwyn, Delaney, Camdyn & Riley