[Gpdd] [MISC] <Why a guiny pig? The southern winky girls story>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 06:00:50 EST 2007

Hi all,
I'd like to share my story about how i became a slave too. I'm ashamed to
say that it took me al really long time to become a slave (I think about 15
years). Mieke was a much better slave from a younger age on. She got her
first guinea pig, vlekje, when i was about 9 or 10 years old. In general i
like animals a lot but i never had a special connection with vlekje, he was
just there. One of my best friends had a piggy a few years after vlekje
died. I hated that thing and he hated me (I am so ashamed..) he bit me
everytime i tried to hold him.
Then my brother got a pig, dobby. I liked dobby a bit better but i wouldn't
call it being a slave. As an excuse, this was partly because i didn't live
at home any more. Soon after my brother got dobby, my sister got winky.
Winky was a very calm boar. I did think he was sweet but still not a slave.
Then winky died mieke got lotje and soon afterwards guiny.

And then she went to the the czech republic to do an inturnship. An that was
my downfall (hihi) I agreed to take in lotje and guiny. And boy, did i fall
in love with them. I tried many things to make their live as interesting and
fun as possible and i loved the response i got. And with two piggies you get
much more personality. And how can you not love a pigs personality? Happy
lotje who loves eating and throws herself into everything with great
enhousiasm and lady guiny, who can be very grumpy but is really intelligent
(i loved making food related puzzels for her) and enjoyed watching me
dancing and has the prettiest smile i've ever seen. And how they welcome you
in the morning and when you get home. Why did i never know this? Boy have i
missed out ;-)

When mieke got back, i wanted a pig too. i was lonely without my girls (but
you guys probably remember that mieke kept on coming back with inturnships
and jobs, all located in my area). i was going through a really tough time.
I broke up with my boyfriend and lets just say it was not a nice
relationship. One of our mutual friend's girlfriend had two 'girls' that
turned out to be a mommy and daddy. The girlfriend really wanted me to have
this sweet girlpig, she thought we would like eachother. And we did, that
was my sweet suus. And with suus i was a hopeless forever slave. We were
both miserable and alone in the beginning and we comforted eachother and we
still have a very strong bond. Suus is not the cuddly type (i have yaya and
especially jan for that) but when i'm down she comes to me and she lets me
pet her and hold her. And when she's scared, there's only one place where
she wants to be and that's under my chin. (this is suus by the way:
http://xs511.xs.to/xs511/07043/PaarsSuus05.JPG ) When i'm at home my pigs
are free range and suus always comes by to say hello and have a little chat,
she is very curious and likes licking my hands. Sometimes she even gives me
a kiss (she lickes my lower lip)
Soon after i got suus i wanted a cagemate for her because i felt so bad for
her, spending all day by herself while i was at work (although mieke and her
girls came back soon enough, she left in the weekends an suus missed a pig
to talk to) So I found yaya. Well, I actually found her sister, but when i
met them i fell in love with sweet yaya and that little nose she has (this
is yaya; http://xs308.xs.to/xs308/06424/Jun26.JPG ). And then, at christmas
I met Jan at my mother's house (she rescued him from a pet store) and jan
and me clicked right away. He is just very good at seducing ladies ;-) (this
is jan: http://xs411.xs.to/xs411/07033/Jan_0024b.JPG ).
(hihi i think most of you know my pigs, but i just love showing off pigtures
;-) )
So this is how and why i got to love guiny pigs.
Big hug for all, especially for those who have sick piggies and the sick
piggies themselves and those who lost a loved one.

Janneke