[Gpdd] [MISC] Why a guinea pig ?

Pamela Rodgers pamrod9542 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 25 11:56:07 EST 2007

I remember when I was younger, one of my friends had a male and female guinea pig. They soon had babies. I still remember how cute the babies were, all fluffy and cute. When our parakeet died, back in 1998, I asked my son if he would like to get a guinea pig. I went to the pet store and bought a book on the care of guinea pigs. We checked out lots of guinea pigs at several pet stores. One day I told my husband we are going to go look at guinea pigs, just look. We stopped at this one pet store, and we found a piggie that we wanted to take home with us. He was in a cage with several other piggies, and rabbits. At the time I didn't know that piggies and rabbits shouldn't be housed together. The pet store seemed pretty knowledgable about guinea pig care, and helped us pick out piggie supplies. Of course we had to purchase a cage too ! So Furry came to live with us, he brought us such happiness and joy ! He passed away at the age of 5, after a long illness. A month after Furry
 passed away, we got piggie Amos from a rescue, he is such a sweetie pie ! They all have there own piggie quirks and personalities, they are indeed very special !
  Pam  true slave to Amos