[Gpdd] Health: Leg problems?

Pegasus412 at aol.com Pegasus412 at aol.com
Thu Jan 25 19:16:58 EST 2007

Hi. My guinea pig Milo has done something very odd...and I was wondering if
anyone could help  me as to possible causes.  He's done this twice  now..the
first time my parents saw it, but the second time I was there. All of a  sudden
i just noticed Milo was on his back, as if he had fallen over.  He  was
moving his legs like he was trying to get up, but couldn't.  I tried to  help him
on his feet, but when he got on his feet, he kept "falling over" as if  his
left back leg couldn't support him.  The odd thing about this is that  about 2
minutes later, he came out of his box...and HOPPED over his food  bowl.  He was
running around normally for the rest of the night.  So I  have no idea what it
was...the only things we can think of are a seizure or  muscle spasm??? Has
anyone had pigs do this?? Any help would be  appreciated.
Emily and Milo
PS. We are going to call the vet if it happens again..but we wanted to wait
and see if we could figure out exactly what was happening before we brought
him  in so we could actually have something to tell the  vet