[Gpdd] Health: Leg problems?

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 21:42:10 EST 2007

Poor little Milo.  How old is he?  Could it be arthritis?  Could he have fallen off something?  I don't know what to say except if it happens again have the vet do an x-ray and see if anything shows up.  Paws crossed that it never happens again.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug

Pegasus412 at aol.com wrote:
The GPDD moderators frequently reject messages that do not follow
these guidelines:
A lack of a Topic label is the most common reason for message rejection. Please use a Topic Label (HEALTH, CARE, ANNOUNCEMENT, BEHAVIOR, RESCUE, BREEDING, SILLY, PIGLETS, MISC. or VIRTUAL) and descriptive subject. More information on Topic use, post restrictions and permissions can be found at http://www.gpdd.org/topics.html

Postings to the digest must conform to the rules stated at
http://www.gpdd.org/guidelines.html

Please consult the GPDD FAQ at http://www.gpdd.org/faq.html for
a list of commonly asked questions.
All material posted is copyright The Guinea Pigs' Daily Digest, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any media - printed or electronic - without written permission of the administrators.Hi. My guinea pig Milo has done something very odd...and I was wondering if
anyone could help me as to possible causes. He's done this twice now..the
first time my parents saw it, but the second time I was there. All of a sudden
i just noticed Milo was on his back, as if he had fallen over. He was
moving his legs like he was trying to get up, but couldn't. I tried to help him
on his feet, but when he got on his feet, he kept "falling over" as if his
left back leg couldn't support him. The odd thing about this is that about 2
minutes later, he came out of his box...and HOPPED over his food bowl. He was
running around normally for the rest of the night. So I have no idea what it
was...the only things we can think of are a seizure or muscle spasm??? Has
anyone had pigs do this?? Any help would be appreciated.
Emily and Milo
PS. We are going to call the vet if it happens again..but we wanted to wait
and see if we could figure out exactly what was happening before we brought
him in so we could actually have something to tell the vet