[Gpdd] misc - hay/pellets

clio gsbees at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 25 22:50:43 EST 2007

Hello ...

I don't know what area of the U.S. you are from, but I live in the San
Francisco Bay Area (Sonoma County), and with five adult gps and one recent
addition (8 wheeks), I buy my hay by the bale at the local feed store.  It
takes me about 4 to 6 weeks to go through a bale of grass or oat hay.  A
bale costs me $9.00.

My vet recommended that I feed my gps with Oxbow Cavy Cuisine.  This is a
timothy hay product.  I buy this at the local feed store.

Some of my friends use the Mazuri GP Diet by Purina.

Hope this helps a bit,
"Phoebe's Mom"