[Gpdd] Misc: Chirping

Kirsty Ford kirstyford at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 26 08:25:10 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

I had something very strange happen to me this morning that I had to
tell you all about. I clean my piggies out at the same time every day,
while they're in their cage, and they usually just carry on as if I'm
there. Today though my guinea, Zag, ran back into her bedroom as soon
as she saw me. She then stuck her head out and started chirping! I'm
sure she was chirping as I can't think what else it could be, she
sounded just like a little bird. She just stood perfectly still making
this noise and I could see her little mouth going up and down like
mad. My other guinea pig, Zig, was in the bedroom behind Zag and
although I couldn't see her I'm sure she didn't move while Zag was
doing this. Zag did this for a few minutes and then just stopped and
went into the bedroom, neither guinea pig came out for quite a few
hours after, even though I filled up their hay rack and food bowl!
It seemed like she was singing a little song for me, and she was
waiting for me to come downstairs before singing it to me. :)

Has any one else guinea pigs chirped while they are right next to
them? I just thought it was odd as everyone else has said that if
their pigs do this it's late at night/really early in the morning and
the guineas have stopped soon as they've spotted you.

Sorry for going on so much!