[Gpdd] Miscelanouss Re PetCo

Mary Mentz marynwill2006 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 27 09:52:47 EST 2007

I am writing in regards about PetCo.I bought my guinea pig there two weeks ago and the conditions were wonderful.I spent well over 20 minutes with the manager asking questions holding his roommates and looking at his basic home before I got him to make sure he was not ill.I came into PetCo today January 26 , 2007 and was appalled at  what I saw and heard.I walked up to the male guinea pig cages and there was at least 2inches of fecal matter,no food,and moldy green water not to mention the male pig with a crusty pusy eyeball.All the male pigs were itching and digging which could or could not be mites which is extremly dangerous and deadly to them.The female pigs were in much better shape.I looked into the ferret cage and thought I saw a white fur rug in there boy was I wrong it was an albino ferret on its back dead with other ferrets laying around it.The male pigs cages were the only nasty thing in there.I told the cashier I got Teddy my pig there and he asked if I adopted or bought him I did not know they did adoption so I told them I bought him he advised me that the one's to be adopted are stuck in the back room in boxes and not cages.I told the manager of this problem and he said he will get around to it I was there for over an hour trying to get some items for Teddy my pig and nothing was done.I was so appalled I e-mailed there corporate office,I will call them tomorrow and I contacted PETA.I hate dumb people not taking care of the small and defenseless animals.

Mary Mentz
marynwill2006 at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.