[Gpdd] MISC: Re: Why a guinea pig?

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Sat Jan 27 17:12:11 EST 2007

Hi All,

I too never thought I'd have a guinea pig. Two and a half years ago I was a
certified non pet person, loved animals just didn't want them in my house.
One weekend, just after school started, my step daughter, Courtney, was
coming up from the city. She proudly presented us with a box and said "look
what I caught!". On her way home from school that day she spotted a creature
in the bushes. With the help of her friends they caught her. Courtney
couldn't keep her as she has dogs and after the first cuddle I was smitten.
With the first cuddle also came the first pee in the lap. My husband knew it
was love because I just laughed. So that's how Sally came to live with us
and my introduction to guinea pigs. Next came Poppy and then Holly and
finally Miss Otis. The middle two were from the pet store but Miss Otis was
a rescue as well. She was being picked on by other piggies and when she came
to live here she was completely bald. Hard to image with all the hair she
has now!

I do love the girls to bits and with 4 distinct personalities they are a
continuous source of enjoyment. I can't image being without my little
furbabies.

All the best,

Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis