[Gpdd] (Misc) Buying hay and pellets in the US

Muddy Rats muddy.rats at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 21:16:50 EST 2007

Hi Nancy - Thanks for the info.  But after doing all that research, I
plugged in my zip code, the discount codes and everything else I had and
the chinchilla site was still cheaper for me than petfood direct.
Kleenmama's was even cheaper.  But thanks to another listmember who also
lives in CO, I was reminded about a feed store 10 miles from me that I
used to get bird supplies from.  I can get the hay from them very
cheap.  I've convinced my ex that he needs to go back to buying bird
supplies from them and told him to pick up hay for me when he goes.  The
only problem is that he's also without a car, so my dear mother-in-law
is going to have to play chaffeur.

Hi Shauna - Thanks for the info on what your vet said about the
pellets.  I was planning on getting some Oxbow, but right now I have the
Kaytee Complete.  I am not a fan of Kaytee, so I'm relieved to know it's
second best.  I guess I'll let George finish off the 5 lb. bag and then
order a bag of Oxbow.

Now to see how long it takes George to go through 5 lbs. of pellets.

Regards,
Lori