[Gpdd] (Misc) Buying hay and pellets in the US

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 01:41:47 EST 2007

Lori- You've certainly done a good job researching
  the hay and pellets situation. One thought - if you
  can, you might go ahead and order the new pellets
  now so you can mix them with the old ones for a
  while. Sudden changes in their feed can cause a
  variety of problems, like stomach upset and just
  going off their feed.
  Another note, since you're researching products.
  A friend in our cavy club has recently switched
  bedding. He was using shavings, and now uses
  pellets. These are the pellets sold for use in a
  woodburning stove. And with the coming shortage
  of shavings, our feed dealer is getting in some
  big bags of a similar pellet for people to use
  with their horses. He says these pellets give
  the cages a fresher smell, besides being less
  messy.
  Way to go!
  Susi & the OP's
  (still lovin their hay scattered over newspapers
  for bedding - if you can gather enough for yourself,
  you can push up walls to hide behind, or under! ;-)