[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE- goodbye Crackles

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Sun Jan 28 04:49:17 EST 2007

This morning when I went to check on my guinea pigs, I found Crackles, my female dalmatian, had died during the night.  I got her on 27 September 2003 so she was between 3 and 4 years old.  When she was young, I'd pick her up and she'd start talking, quietly to start with and then getting louder.  She sounded a bit like a radio being tuned in, that crackling, squeaking noise some guinea pigs make, so that's why I called her Crackles.  She was the noisiest of my current group, always first to start shouting for her vegetables and chewing on the wire when I was changing their water.  She was up and shouting yesterday evening so whatever was wrong must have been very quick.  Her two friends she lived with were very quiet this morning.  I think it's going to be a bit quiet for a while without her.  She will be buried in our garden along with all our other pets who have gone before.