[Gpdd] HEALTH: Piggy with Diarrhea and Piggy with Constipation

MJO MJO at millfieldschool.com
Mon Jan 29 06:53:25 EST 2007

I have a guinea pig who often gets constipated.  The vet gave me
paraffin oil to help get things moving.  I find that freshly picked
grass also does the trick although too much and she will go the other
way!!  Apparently it is more common in older guineas and I recognise the
signs of smaller and harder poops and she is off her food a little.  She
alos eats more hay than normal and the vet said this is often the best
remedy as they can regulate themselves and as long as they are eating
hay then they should be ok.

Marion Osborne