[Gpdd] (Misc) Buying hay and pellets in the US

Muddy Rats muddy.rats at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 10:26:35 EST 2007

Thanks for the reminder Susi.  I should know better after having birds
that I always let them adapt over  a week or 2 to new pellets.  I'll be
sure to mix the old and new for a bit to let him adjust.

FYI, I'm going with Kleenmama's Hayloft when I'm ready to order.  I
wasn't impressed with the email response I received from Oxbow answering
my questions and telling me no to my request for a sample.  On the other
hand, Linda at KMS was all too happy to send me samples if I was willing
to pay for shipping.  So I'm getting a sample of a bunch of stuff from
Kleenmama's.

As for the bedding - that's a neat tip - but how safe is it?  I've used
the compressed pellet in log form in my fireplace and love them.  Too
bad I can't find any this winter for the fireplace again.  Thanks to Liz
K. on the list, I now know I can get the shavings for the bedding at the
same feed store with the hay at a cheap price.  However, it will be a
few months before I need more shavings.  I need to find a spot to put
the huge bag I currently have.

Regards,
Lori, Dani & George, king of the mile high salad bowl in the mile high city