[Gpdd] Health: Update on Isabel's Orange Urine and Subsequent Problems

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 09:57:30 EST 2007

Hello all,

Just an update on the Isabel and her recent health problems.  As you may recall, I took her to the vet for orange urine a little over a week ago.  The urinanalyis came back normal.  The vet said that orange urine is  generally linked with an increase in metabolism, but Isabel showed no other signs of illness.

A few days later, Isabel started having diarrhea.  She's now had it for about 7 days, although not as severe.  On day 2 of the diarrhea, the vet placed Isabel on Baytril and a culture was taken to try to confirm what's causing the diarrhea.  The orange urine continues and may be linked to whatever is going on.  The culture is due back from the lab either today or tomorrow.  Isabel is eating well--actually she has a huge appetitite (makes me think internal parasites are possible), drinking lots, and is still playful.  Lily has not shown any signs of illness, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Will keep you posted on culture results.  I'm so worried about my little one!

Janet