[Gpdd] MISC pellets

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jul 2 14:44:47 EDT 2007

Antoinette.

Welcome to the Magic 61st.pig!

I tried the Science Selective pellets from Supreme Petfoods when they were first introduced. My vet had a boxful of sample packs sent to him and most of them came my way. I put a handful in a bowl in each pen to see which piggy was interested in them.

After 30 something years of feeding piggies, it seemed wrong to me to expect them to eat this stuff as opposed to tasty veggies, grass and weeds etc. None of the herd were selective feeders but I am always willing to try something new, especially if it is free.

I was not surprised that every single bowl remained untouched. I think that it might work if a babe was given this food right from the start but most of the Piggyfriends arrive as adults and are, like me, set in their ways.

You are quite right Antoinette. Not every slave is lucky enough to have a garden full of piggy delights just outside the back door. I see that Galen's Garden quote their prices in euros and dollars on their website but there must be a company closer to our slaves from abroad that sells dried herbs and weeds.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.