[Gpdd] behavior: MAYHEM in the pig pen

Schumann, Jan Jan.Schumann at SelectHealthofSC.com
Tue Jul 3 10:50:08 EDT 2007

As I was heading up the stairs to go to bed last night, I heard what can only be described as mayhem in the pig pen.  Tribble (my 5 year old sow, who is definitely the alpha pig) was chasing the neutered boar Zathras around the pen.  They were running in circles around the pigloo in which Leela was wisely hiding.  I put my hand between them and they stopped as long as The Hand was there.  When I removed it, there was teeth chattering and chasing again.

A few days ago, I saw Tribble trying to mount Leela.  Tribble and Leela are usually best buddies.  Wherever Tribble goes during floor time, Leela is usually right on her heels.  It's not unusual for Z to be the odd man out.  (Poor thing is the only man in the house.  He needs a little remote control and a beer.)

I guess Tribble is feeling the need to firm up the pecking order.  Someone must have challenged her.  Of course, she looked at me with those big, black eyes as if to say "Me?  I'm innocent of whatever it is."

Never ceasing to be amazed and amused by my fur babies,
Jan

Mom to Tribble, Zathras and Leela
Lokai in my heart

Jan Schumann
Data Analyst
Select Health of South Carolina
(843) 569-4847
jan.schumann at selecthealthofsc.com

-------------- next part --------------
"KMHPMMS <kmhp.com>" made the following annotations.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone
other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this
electronic mail or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our
internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.