[Gpdd] [MISC] guinea pigs and fireworks

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 15:01:41 EDT 2007

Hello Piggy Pals and Happy 4th of July-
As some of you know, I live in the good ole south.  Although we have  had a
few afternoon thunder boomers lately, it does not matter to people around  here
that we have had a drought, our rain level is way, way down, burning
anything has been banned, and our neighbor Georgia has had some horrific brush
fires.  Nosireesir - this is the fourth and the folks around here will have  their
fireworks!  While I have to admit they are beautiful to watch - I  personally
have never been a big fireworks fan - and neither are my  piggies.
A couple of years ago the neighbors were relentless with shooting off
fireworks and it freaked the piggies out.  My suggestion to Jaime and  anyone else
that is experiencing this with their piggies:  maybe just for  tonight or this
weekend you can relocate your piggies to another area in the  house - such as
a back room or bedroom where the noise does not sound so  close.  I put Romeo,
Spike, and G.I. Joe (all now deceased, but in my  heart) in my bedroom for
the night and put some soft music on the radio.   It really helped.  The noise
will be around here for at least two more  weeks - although tonight it will be
the worst.  New Years is also  noisy.  Hope everyone has a safe holiday
.Please remember our armed service  folks that are serving our country.
Love and Piggy kisses -
Donna - Huck, Becky, Thatcher, Big Jim, and Aunt Polly
(Tom, Romeo, Spike, Latte, Hershey, G.I. Joe, and Trooper are always in our
hearts and prayers)