[Gpdd] Porky has Crossed the Bridge

judith sharamitaro shim1990 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:54:16 EDT 2007

Porky crossed the Bridge peacefully this morning around 9AM.  She had been
feeling poorly for the past week, and had developed a tumor on her neck.  As
she was an older lady (6 years), was in no discomfort, and as she'd always
been petrified at trips to the vets, I decided to let her pass in her
beloved cage, rather than putting her through any undue stress.
She had been eating some veggies in the past few days, and drinking with a
little prompting.  The day before yesterday she ate pellets and sweet feed
(her favorite!) from her dish and drank on her own. She purred when I
stroked her ~ A wonderful last day to remember.
Porky slept all day yesterday and didn't move at all, so I knew her journey
was nearly over.  When she crossed this morning, she had laid down flat and
had her eyes closed.  Unfortunately for me, I couldn't be with her when she
went, but it was wonderful to see how peaceful she looked.  She is buried
out in the garden, and I'm sure it this moment she is up in heaven
popcorning in the clover with Mr. Cooders, her Soul Mate and True Love.
Simply put. Porky was the best guinea pig there ever was.  She was my best
friend and always there for me.  She never asked for anything but love, and
of course, romaine.
Please remember Porky to your piggies today.  Give them all a hug and a
treat from us.
I love you, Porky.

                    Judi and the Haypile Honeys
                              www.art4animals.blinkz.com/