[Gpdd] MISC Piggies and fireworks

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Jul 5 12:53:01 EDT 2007

It has always surprised me that the Piggyfriends take no notice of fireworks whatsoever as they scare the hell out of me!  A sudden noise indoors will send some of them scuttling for the pigloo or box whereas others just carry on munching but they are not bothered by any extraneous noise.

Our closest neighbour ( not that near but near enough ) is always letting off fireworks in his garden but neither they, my birds nor my dear departed dogs have ever moved a whisker. I believe that they think that it is nothing to do with them so totally ignore it. I wish that I could do the same.

I know that I am lucky in this as dogs and cats of my acquaintance freak out at the slightest shower of sparks and need sedatives when it comes to Bonfire night ( November 5th. and about a fortnight either side of that date ).

Maybe there is strength in numbers and the piggies think that if their companion is not scared then they are not going to be either. Maybe they know that they are safe inside.

Penny and the laid-back Piggyfriends.