[Gpdd] health: puzzled by symptoms Angela

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:01:47 EDT 2007

Hi

I too was thinking that maybe Angela might have OD, like penny suggested.

I know that satin piggies who develop satin disease can start to walk or
rather hop strangely. Besides that an OD piggies jaw can become thicker and
painful which makes it harder for the piggie to eat.that could also explain
the loss of weight. I know that my sister Janneke's piggie Yaya is
developing OD and she also has problems with her intestines. Yaya has
diarrhea quite often, which probably also makes it harder to get all the
nutritients out of her food.

I surely hope your Angela does not have this, but i think it could be
possible that your vet does not know about this disease. What kind of
fur/coat does your piggie have? A satin piggie usally has a very shiny coat
(very pretty), and the hairs are hollow. You can see that if you put a hair
under the microscope.

Good luck. I am no expert, but maybe my sister could tell you some more
about it since Yaya has it.

Mikey from the Winky girls: Lotje, Guiny and Dunya