[Gpdd] [HEALTH]<angela and OD>

Cuttlefish Arts cuttlefisharts at comcast.net
Sat Jul 7 19:53:21 EDT 2007

Yes, I  used the wrong name -- I meant satin. Thanks for the gene info about
the satin/od link, that was exactly what  I was wondering. Angela is not a
satin by phenotype, and from what you are saying the satin appearance is a
dominant characteristic and is linked to the OD genetic affliction.

We have thoroughly examined all the OD links, and that is why we were so
alarmed, what with Angela NOT being a satin (not silkie, sorry) and
exhibiting textbook symptoms. BTW, stones were mentioned in some of the
literature. She's a standard mutt/dutch/shorthair.

I will be getting xrays this Monday.

I do suspect that she may have a parathyroidal disorder, not necessarily
genetically linked like OD but possibly doing some of the same things to her
body.

She has not exhibited any signs of pain, but we're starting to believe she
was masking more than we had thought.
vuc