[Gpdd] HEALTH Tumour

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jul 9 04:36:45 EDT 2007

Rachel,

Sorry to read about Roxie's tumour, which must have given you quite a scare.

Unless the vet has given you a very good reason why your piggies should be separated I cannot see why you should not put them back together again.

I never separate a poorly piggy from his/her companions as the last thing that they need when they are ill is the stress of being on their own. Recovery is always better if they have the comfort of their friend close by. You won't want Phera to be stressed either.

Presumably the vet excised the tumour and Roxie has stitches so the vet may have been concerned about the injury site being nibbled.

As for having the tumour tested, does it make any difference if you do have this done? If the tumour is malignant, nothing can be done about it. If it is benign then you have incurred the extra expenditure unnecessarily. Personally, I would hope for the best and save the cost of the test for any future vet's bills. They charge enough as it is.

Giving medicines does get easier with practice! If Roxie is very wriggly have you tried wrapping her in a towel to restrict her movement?

We all send our very best wishes to Roxie and hope she soon feels better.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.