[Gpdd] MISC- abuse case

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 18:04:39 EDT 2007

I'm afraid you're right Jaime.  It seems the majority of people do not respect animal life to the extent that we do.  True animal lovers seem to be in the minority.

  I was watching the TV program "Top Chef" the other day and one of the contestants dropped a shrimp that was alive on the floor.  He just said that he "didn't need it" and left it there.  For a minute I thought he was going to kick it under the table.  Everyone there looked shocked for a few seconds.  I don't care if it is something you're going to eat.  It is a living creature and deserves respect and humane treatment.

  Sadly, this seems to be the way people think of animals.  Just look at the elderly animals surrendered to shelters because their owners don't want to spend the money for the vet.  I too get very angry.