[Gpdd] MISCELLANEOUS: Condolences, roll call

family.duffy at virgin.net family.duffy at virgin.net
Fri Jul 13 13:51:09 EDT 2007

I was so sorry to hear about Guinness. What a lovely name for a handsome pig. (I went to the LAPS site to see him). Please accept my condolences, Penny. I know how you feel. I lost two piggies on consecutive days last month. I know they were very old - one had wasted to about the size of a hamster and the other had more grey hairs than I do, but it's still awful when they go. I looked out of the window at the remaining ones enjoying themselves and just thought that I'll have to go through this another 17 times, at least.My computer skills are limited, so please could someone tell me how I could add a photo of my piggies to the LAPS site? I would also like other digesters to be able to see photos of my pens and piggies, but I don't have my own website so do I use Photobucket? My son helped me do that once before! Sorry to be so clueless.Birdie, I think my piggie list on the roll call might be out of date. Bandit and Chutney passed over to the bridge in June, and my latest addition is Mungo. Mungo is a texel, who looks and feels like a mini-sheep, so I wanted a sheep-like name for her. My crossword dictionary says "Mungo" is "reclaimed wool" (whatever that is) so that's how she got her name. I don't know if those are all the updates, so here is my entire herd:Mickey, Espresso, Cappuccino, Pawpaw, Champers, Hooch, Mungo, Squash, Budweiser, Orinoco, Scampi, Truffle, Noodle, Scrumpy, Schnapps, Frascati and Tequila.They are collectively known as The Surrey Squeakers, and Mickey, Orinoco and Scampi are LAPS piggies. I hope that brings me up to date. Thank you!Stefanie