[Gpdd] misc - back from holiday...

Suzy Dunser suzy at dunser.com
Sat Jul 14 01:51:16 EDT 2007

We just got back from 3 weeks in the US visiting family and friends,
and I'm happy to report all the animals (cats, rabbits, and fish as
well as the piggies) are doing well. Rocky and Cocoa in particular
look about twice as big as when we left!! Although Rocky's bid to one
day become an LAPS piggie is looking somewhat in question, Cocoa is
storming ahead - it's funny how even though they're brothers they're
turning out different sizes. (Rocky eats really well and is just as
energetic, so I don't suspect any health issues.) We had someone
housesit while we were away, an acquaintance of mine. I left her
pages and pages of instructions about what they eat etc. (and, of
course, the 16-step cage cleaning procedure - can we all say "control
freak"?!) I hope she'll be happy to housesit again in the future...
here's a quote from an e-mail that made me laugh (the knowing laugh
of the fellow sufferer):

The Gpigs take me forever and I end up with such a mess it takes me
two hours to clean up
the area by the Gpigs house...  have had to sweep and mop the floor and
out in to the carport.... It was a bit of a laugh, that was all after I
managed to get the little darlings in to the pet carrier. What a
noise they
make...... Funny though, I was knackered and I had not started to clean
the cage...

Fortunately she also wrote me how cute they are, so I think she was
okay with it overall. (-:

Cheers,
Suzy with Rocky and Cocoa