[Gpdd] [HEALTH] New Guinea Pig Diagnostic Book?

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 11:45:51 EDT 2007

Has anyone yet seen the new guinea pig diagnostic book produced by the
British Association of Rodentologists/Cambridge Cavies Trust? If so, I would be
really grateful for an objective opinion. As many of you know, I live in rural
France with no access to a piggie-savvie vet, and my piggies and I would
benefit  greatly from a book which made it easier to diagnose problems when they
occur  and offered clear treatment advice to a vet who is willing to learn but
has  absolutely no experience except that presented by myself and my piggies.
But the  book is quite expensive to buy, and will be no use to me and the Dolly
Mixtures  if it simply describes problems and their causes without telling me
what I need  to do to treat them. I also need more detailed information than
given in the  Virginia Richardson book, preferably with more illustrations.
So, what so you  reckon - is this a book that could meet my needs and save some
of my piggies  when they fall ill?? I don't even know how many pages it has or
whether it is  hardback - I only know the price!

Debbie and the 14 Dolly Mixtures